ABOUT CREATIVE CAPITAL
Creative Capital supports innovative and adventurous artists across the country through funding, counsel, gatherings, and career development services. Creative Capital seeks to amplify the voices of artists working in all creative disciplines and catalyze connections to help them realize their visions and build sustainable practices.
1. Who We Are. Creative Capital Foundation (“Creative Capital”) supports innovative and adventurous artists across the country through funding, counsel, and career development services. Our pioneering venture philanthropy approach helps artists working in all creative disciplines realize their visions and build sustainable practices.
3. What Information That We Collect. Creative Capital uses SSL or “Secure Sockets Layer”, an industry standard protocol, for completing online transactions including when We gather information from You. We collect two (2) types of information from You through the use of Our Site: “Personally Identifiable Information” (or “PII”) and “Non-Personally Identifiable Information” (or “Non-PII”). We know You want Your PII You share with Us to be protected from unauthorized use. That’s why We take appropriate security measures to help safeguard this information from unauthorized access and disclosure. For example, only employees integral to providing You with the product(s) or service(s) You request from Us are permitted to access Your PII, and they may do so for limited reasons. Partner services encrypt credit card numbers and other sensitive information before it is sent from Your computer to Ours. We also use firewalls to help prevent unauthorized access to Your PII. As a general matter, you can browse the Website without submitting your personal information to us. However, there are a number of circumstances in which you may need to provide us with your personal information. The following lists the most common ways in which we collect your personal information.
– When You sign up to receive email newsletters from Us;
– When You create an account on the Website;
– In conjunction with any verification of Your account information;
– When You participate in surveys, panels, or research;
– When You register for and participate in our programs, activities, initiatives, and events;
– When You request information or assistance;
– In conjunction with processing Your award applications;
– In conjunction with Your employment inquiries or applications;
– When You participate with social media accounts involving Creative Capital properties;
– In conjunction with investigations into any activity that may violate the law or the Website’s terms and conditions;
– When You communicate with Us through the Website via email, or through third-party customer service apps such as Intercom;
– When You provide user-generated content on any part of the Website that permits it; and
– In conjunction with any other place on the Website where You knowingly volunteer personal information.
When You interact with any Creative Capital page or account on a social media platform, We may also collect the personal information that You make available to Us on that page or through that account, including Your account ID or “handle.”
In addition, when You interact with the Website, Our servers may keep an activity log that does not identify You individually (“Non-Personal Information” or “NPI”). Generally, We collect the following categories of Non-Personal Information:
– We may collect certain demographic data such as age, gender, and five-digit zip code as part of collecting personal information;
– We collect and store certain device information about Your computer, mobile device, or other device that You use to access the Website. This information may include IP address, geolocation information, unique device identifiers, browser type, browser language, and other transactional information;
– We automatically log certain usage information about Your use of the Website. This information includes a reading history of the pages You view. We use this information to provide You with a more customized experience on the Website;
– We collect and store additional website “traffic data” such as time of access, date of access, session identification number, access times, and referring website addresses; and
– We collect and store Your search terms and search results. We also collect and store certain other information regarding Our users’ use of the Website so that third parties may provide Us with reports and analysis regarding usage and browsing patterns of the Website.
Award Applicants/Donors: We collect Personally Identifiable Information from You when you voluntarily provide such information for Services, such as when You register for access to the Services as an Award Applicant, contact Us with inquiries, respond to one of Our surveys, or generously make a donation in support of Our mission. The PII We may collect includes without limitation Your name, address, email address and other personally identifiable information. In some cases We may collect Your credit card information (e.g., Your credit card number and expiration date, billing address, etc.), some of which may constitute PII, to secure certain payments. In addition, if You use Our payment processing services, We will collect financial information from You (e.g., Your bank account information or an address to send checks) as necessary to facilitate payments and information required for tax purposes (e.g., Your taxpayer identification number).
Awardees: Awardees may access and update their Personally Identifiable Information being stored by us by logging in and visiting the Awardee website portal. We will take reasonable steps to respond to requests relating to PII within 30 days, however, We may reject requests that We find to be unreasonable (i.e., require disproportionate efforts or material changes to our information systems), impractical or abusive (i.e., repetitive requests, requests made in bad faith, requests that would compromise third-party information). Note that You may not have access to or the ability to update Non-PII, much of which is held in aggregate form.
Children: The majority of Our services are for users age 24 and over. Occasionally, We might offer services for users age 12 and over. If You are a parent or guardian of a child under the age of 12 and believe they have disclosed personal information to Us please contact us at email@example.com. If We learn that We are engaged in that processing with such users, We will halt such processing and will take reasonable measures to promptly remove applicable information from Our records.
4. How We Use Information. We use the information We learn from You to help us personalize and continually improve Your experience on the Website. We will also use this information to connect with Our users through online advertisements about Creative Capital programming, organizational initiatives, or other Creative Capital offerings that We believe can deepen the connection with Our engaged constituency. We use Your Personal and Non-Personal Information in the following ways:
– For editorial purposes;
– Responding to Your inquiries;
– Communicating with You about Your account or transactions with Us;
– Communicating with You about changes to Our policies;
– Personalizing content and experiences on Our Website, including providing You with recommendations based on Your preferences;
– Sending You newsletters, mailings, and information about programs, initiatives, activities, and events by email or another medium;
– Processing Your grant application or employment application;
– Event or program registration;
– Optimizing or improving Our programs, services, and operations;
– Research and development;
– Verifying Your account and account activities;
– Detecting, investigating, and preventing activities that may violate Our policies or be illegal;
– Performing statistical, demographic, and marketing analyses of users of the Website and their usage patterns
5. How We Share Your Information. Creative Capital adheres to the highest standards of ethical practices in all of Our operations and is dedicated to protecting the privacy of all visitors to Our Website. Except as disclosed below, We don’t sell, barter, give away, rent, or permit anyone outside Creative Capital to use Your personal information to benefit any organization that is not Creative Capital.
We occasionally use independent contractors and third-party agents, affiliates, and partners to perform functions such as marketing, publicity, analytics, order fulfillment, credit card processing, providing customer service, etc., on Our behalf. These entities have access to the personal information needed to perform their functions and are contractually obligated to maintain the confidentiality and security of any PII collected from the Website. We take reasonable steps to ensure these third-parties treat PII in a manner comparable to how We do so. They are restricted from using, selling, distributing, or altering this data in any way other than to provide the requested services to Creative Capital.
We may occasionally share Non-PII information with Our partners and sponsors. This is not linked to any personal information that can identify an individual person (however, combined with other information which you may or may not have supplied to us, could potentially identify you).
We may also use or disclose your PII if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to conform to applicable law or comply with legal process served on us or the Website; protect and defend Our rights or property, the Website, or Our users; and act under emergency circumstances to protect the personal safety of Us, Our affiliates, Our agents, or the users of the Website or the public.
We may also use Your PII for Our internal business purposes, such as interest-based target advertising, for data analysis, for audits, for fraud prevention and for other internal purposes.
We may also use web beacons or flash cookies. A web beacon or flash cookie (also known as an “action tag” “tracer tag,” “pixel tag,” or “single-pixel GIF”) is an electronic image, often a single pixel (1×1), that is ordinarily not visible to Site visitors and may be associated with cookies on the visitors’ hard drives. Pixel Tags do not contain any PII and allow Us to count users who have visited certain pages of the Site, to deliver Creative Capital services, and to help determine the effectiveness of promotional or advertising campaigns. When used in HTML-formatted email messages, Pixel Tags can tell the sender whether and when an email has been opened.
Creative Capital strives to protect the transmission and storage of any information submitted by visitors to the Website. We take reasonable steps to protect the information provided via the Services from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, no Internet or email transmission is ever fully secure or error free. Therefore, You should take special care in deciding what information You send to Us through email. Please keep this in mind when disclosing any information via the Internet.
Awardee Communication: We allow Awardees to use our Awardee website portal to contact other Awardees for various discreet requests, so You may receive communications from our system that originate from other users.
6. Personal Information. The General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) is a European Regulation concerning the use and processing of personal information. We are committed to processing Your information in compliance with the GDPR upon its effectiveness on May 25, 2018.
We will use reasonable efforts to securely process all personal information in line with the rights specified under the GDPR, in particular those related to the following requests:
– Access to Your personal information;
– Correction of the personal information that We hold;
– Deletion of Your personal information;
– A restriction of processing of Your personal information;
– Transfer of Your personal information to another party; or
We reserve the right to change, modify, add, or remove (“Change”) provisions of this Policy and We will endeavor to notify You of any such material Change. Any such Change shall be effective immediately. Please check back from time to time to ensure continuing familiarity with the most current version of Our Policy. You can determine whether this Policy has been revised since Your last visit to Our website by referring to the “Last Updated” legend at the bottom of this page.
7. Your Data Choices. We believe that user data should be treated securely and with equal respect no matter where they are located. You have a right to ask Us to stop using or limit Our use of Your personal data in certain circumstances—for example, if We have no lawful basis to keep using Your data, or if You think Your personal data is inaccurate.
The options described above are subject to limitations and exceptions under applicable law. In addition to those rights, You have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority. However, We encourage You to contact Us first, and We will do our very best to resolve Your concern.
8. Contact Us. If You have any questions or requests regarding this policy, if You no longer wish to receive email updates from Creative Capital, or if You believe Creative Capital has erroneous or incomplete information about You, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. Disclaimer. Information provided on this website is intended to allow the public immediate access to public information. While all attempts are made to provide accurate, current, and reliable information, Creative Capital recognizes the possibility of human and/or mechanical error. Therefore, Creative Capital, its employees, officers and agents make no representations as to the accuracy, completeness, currency, or suitability of the information provided by this website, and deny any expressed or implied warranty as to the same.
Last Updated: 01.16.2019