ABOUT CREATIVE CAPITAL
Creative Capital Foundation (“Creative Capital” or “we” or “us” or “our”) supports innovative and adventurous artists across the country through funding, counsel, and career development services. Creative Capital seeks to amplify the voices of artists working in all creative disciplines and catalyze connections to help them realize their visions and build sustainable practices. Our pioneering venture philanthropy approach helps artists working in all creative disciplines realize their visions and build sustainable practices.
3. What Information That We Collect. We collect two types of information from You through Your use of Website: “Personally Identifiable Information” (data that can be used to identify or contact You, the “PII”) and “Non-Personally Identifiable Information” ((data in a form that does not support direct association with any specific person or individual, the “Non-PII”). As a general matter, You can browse the Website without submitting PII to us. However, there are a number of circumstances in which You may need to provide us with PII, including, but not limited to:
When You interact with any Creative Capital page or account on a social media platform, We may also collect the personal information that You make available to Us on that page or through that account, including Your account ID or “handle.”
In addition, when You interact with the Website, We may also collect Non-PII, as further described below.
We also collect certain Non-PII by automated means when You visit the Website. Much of this information is collected through the use of third-party tracking services, which includes Google Analytics. The information collected may include usage information, such as the numbers and frequency of users to the Website, pages visited, web browsing histories, Your location and device, social networking activities and similar data. When gathered, this this data is used in the aggregate, and not in a manner that is intended to identify You personally. This type of aggregate information may be shared with third parties at any time, including marketers. In addition to the third-party tracking services mentioned above, we also collect this information through various other means, including “cookies,” as further explained below.
Most browsers will tell You how to stop accepting new cookie/scripts, how to be notified when Your receive a new cookie/script, and how to disable existing cookies. You can also increase Your control over scripts and cookies with a multitude of browser plug-ins such as NoScript, Ghostery, Lightbeam and Do Not Track Plus. Please note, however, that without cookies You may not be able to take full advantage of all the features on our Website.
We may also use web beacons or flash cookies. A web beacon or flash cookie (also known as an “action tag” “tracer tag,” “pixel tag,” or “single-pixel GIF”) is an electronic image, often a single pixel (1×1), that is ordinarily not visible to Website visitors and may be associated with cookies on the visitors’ hard drives. Pixel Tags do not contain any PII and allow Us to count users who have visited certain pages of the Website, to deliver Creative Capital services, and to help determine the effectiveness of promotional or advertising campaigns. When used in HTML-formatted email messages, Pixel Tags can tell the sender whether and when an email has been opened.
IP Addresses – When You visit and interact with the Website, third parties with whom we have contracted to provide services for us may collect Internet Protocol addresses (each an “IP Address”), as well as browser type, Internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and page navigation. An IP Address is a unique identifier number that certain electronic devices use to identify and to communicate with each other on the Internet; Your Internet Service Provider automatically assigns an IP Address to the computer that You are using.
Examples of the Non-PII We collect include – but are not limited to – the following categories:
4. How We Use Information. We use the information We learn from You to help us personalize and continually improve Your experience on the Website. We will also use this information to connect with Our users through online advertisements about Creative Capital programming, organizational initiatives, or other Creative Capital offerings that We believe can deepen the connection with Our engaged constituency, and as further described herein.
5. How We Share Your Information. Except as disclosed below, We don’t sell, barter, give away, rent, or permit anyone outside Creative Capital to use Your personal information to benefit any organization that is not Creative Capital.
Creative Capital works with a variety of third-party partners in order to allow us to make the Website available to You, to host and store the information we collect from You, and to provide certain functionality and features, such as to process payment/donation transactions. Additionally, We occasionally use independent contractors and third-party agents, affiliates, and partners to perform functions such as marketing, publicity, analytics, order fulfillment, customer service, etc., on Our behalf. These entities have access to the PII needed to perform their functions and are contractually obligated to maintain the confidentiality and security of any PII collected from the Website. We take reasonable steps to ensure these third-parties treat PII in a manner comparable to how We do so. They are restricted from using, selling, distributing, or altering this data in any way other than to provide the requested services to Creative Capital.
We may occasionally share Non-PII information with Our partners and sponsors. This is not linked to any personal information that can identify an individual person (however, combined with other information which Your may or may not have supplied to us, could potentially identify Your).
We may also use or disclose Your PII if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to conform to applicable law or comply with legal process served on us or the Website; protect and defend Our rights or property, the Website, or Our users; and act under emergency circumstances to protect the personal safety of Us, Our affiliates, Our agents, or the users of the Website or the public; and it is necessary in connection with a sale of all or substantially all of the assets of Creative Capital or the merger of Creative Capital into another entity or any consolidation, share exchange, combination, reorganization, or like transaction in which Creative Capital is not the survivor.
We may also use Your PII for Our internal business purposes, such as interest-based target advertising, for data analysis, for audits, for fraud prevention and for other internal purposes.
6. THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
Finally, We are not responsible for the content or information of these websites, any products or services that may be offered through advertisers or third parties, or any other use of the linked website.
7. Awardee Communication. We allow “Awardees”(those selected to receive Creative Capital awards) to use our Awardee website portal to contact other Awardees for various discreet requests, so You may receive communications from our system that originate from other users. Awardees: Awardees may access and update their Personally Identifiable Information being stored by us by logging in and visiting the Awardee website portal. We will take reasonable steps to respond to requests relating to PII within 30 days, however, We may reject requests that We find to be unreasonable (i.e., require disproportionate efforts or material changes to our information systems), impractical or abusive (i.e., repetitive requests, requests made in bad faith, requests that would compromise third-party information). Note that You may not have access to or the ability to update Non-PII, much of which is held in aggregate form.
8. USE OF THE WEBSITE FROM OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES
9. Protection of PII
10. EUROPEAN UNION AREA, SWITZERLAND AND UNITED KINGDOM USERS
The following provisions applies only to users residing in the European Union Area (“EEA”), Switzerland and the United Kingdom (“UK”).
Please note, in May of 2018 a new data privacy law known as the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) went into effect. Pursuant to GDPR, we are required to provide those residing in the EEA, Switzerland and the United Kingdom (hereinafter, the “EU Users”) additional information and rights related to the “Personal Data” we collect about them. We summarize such information and rights below.
HOW TO CONTACT US
PURPOSE FOR INFORMATION COLLECTION
LEGAL GROUNDS FOR PROCESSING PERSONAL DATA
Creative Capital will process personal data that we receive from EU Users on the ground that it is in our legitimate interest for the effective administration of the Website, to fulfill and/or address Your requests, or to provide the functionalities and features as further described herein.
YOUR INFORMATION AND YOUR CHOICES; WITHDRAWAL OF CONSENT
GDPR provides EU Users with additional rights in respect to the Personal Data we hold about Your, including the right i) to be informed about the Personal Data we have collected, and ii) to request a copy of the Personal Data, and iii) to have Your Personal Data deleted, and iv) to lodge a complaint about our processing of Your Personal Data with Your local supervisory authority. Upon appropriate written request we will update or amend Your Personal Data, but we reserve the right to use any information previously obtained to verify Your identity or take other actions that we believe are appropriate and lawful. You may access, correct, or request deletion of Your Personal Data – or request that we stop any processing of Your Personal Data – by contacting us at the address listed above. We will respond to Your request within a reasonable timeframe.
Please note we may need to retain certain information for record keeping purposes, and there may also be residual information that will remain within our databases and other records, which will not be removed from such locations. Additionally, there may be circumstances in which we are not legally required to comply with Your request because of the laws in Your jurisdiction or because of exemptions provided in data protection legislation in general, and GDPR in particular. Finally, please note that we are not responsible for removing or deleting information from the databases of third parties (such as service providers) with whom we have shared information about Your, but we will make the request on Your behalf for such removal/deletion.
11. Children: Our Website are for users age 16 and over. If You are under the age of 16, You must ask Your parent or guardian to assist Your while accessing/viewing this Website. If You are a parent or guardian of a child under the age of 16 and believe they have disclosed personal information to Us please contact us at [email protected], and be sure to include in Your message the same user name and and/or e-mail address that Your child submitted, if applicable.
12. Contact Us. If You have any questions or requests regarding this policy, if You no longer wish to receive email updates from Creative Capital, or if You believe Creative Capital has erroneous or incomplete information about You, please send an email to [email protected].
Last Updated: 2.18.21