The Approach: Building Community for a Sustainable Creative Life: A 4-Part Online Workshop
The Approach: Building Community for a Sustainable Creative Life, led by Sharon Louden
A Four-Part Online Workshop
In this four-part online workshop series on building a sustainable career and creative life, artist Sharon Louden will focus on leveraging artists’ inherent creativity, thinking outside the box about creating opportunities and building relationships. Louden will review relevant information and examples of artists building communities that help empower those willing to put in the work to turn generosity into opportunities.
Content will include:
- Honing communication skills
- Methodologies to follow when a new opportunity is identified
- Approaching arts professionals without a referral
- Best practices for building a community of artists
Louden will share the expertise she has gained through collaborations and conversations with gallery owners, museum professionals, critics, curators and others in different art communities. The workshop series is specifically designed to empower artists, demonstrate pragmatic approaches to sustaining a creative life, and build relationships into communities.
In addition, there will be multiple touch-points of correspondence between Sharon and participants throughout the four-week duration that will include extensive sharing of documents and answering of questions. At the conclusion of the series, Sharon will be made available for one-on-one consultations where she can answer questions specific to each artist’s situation.
- Part 1: Monday, April 1, 7-8:30pm ET
- Part 2: Monday, April 8, 7-8:30pm ET
- Part 3: Monday, April 15, 7-8:30pm ET
- Part 4: Monday, April 22, 7-8:30pm ET
Additional One-on-One Consultations
After the workshop series concludes, participants will be given the opportunity to sign up for an additional one-on-one consultation with Sharon Louden. Consultations are 45-minutes long and take place by phone or video conference. The price is $90. 15 sessions will be made available.
* Sunday, April 28, 2-8pm EST (5 sessions)
* Monday, April 29, 5-10pm EST (4 sessions)
* Tuesday, April 30, 1-4pm EST (2 sessions)
* Wednesday, May 1, 10am-2pm EST (4 sessions)
This online workshop series will be recorded. Recordings will be shared with all previously registered participants after each workshop concludes, regardless of whether participants attend the live workshop or not. The recordings will be posted online indefinitely. They are not available for download.