Emergency Relief and Recovery Resources for Artists
As artists, galleries and arts organizations in the Northeast begin to assess the damage caused by Superstorm Sandy, we’ve been compiling links to resources for emergency relief and studio recovery:
Emergency resources for artists:
• The Craft Emergency Relief Fund (CERF) offers grants up to $3,000 and no interest loans for craft artists who have had career-threatening emergencies.
• NYFA Source maintains a list of emergency resources for all artists, which has just been updated for Hurricane Sandy recovery.
Studio recovery information from CERF’s StudioProtector.org:
• Clean-up: Information on how to SAFELY get started with cleaning-up
• Salvage: Information on preventing further damage and saving what you can
• e-Salvage: Information on salvaging data and electronic devices
• Insurance Resources: A list of resources for insurance information including how to get in touch with your state insurance department and tips for filing claims
Other info related to studio recovery and conservation of damaged artworks:
• American Institute for Conservation has an online Disaster Response & Recovery Resource Center
• ArtsReady’s Post-Sandy Recovery Tips
• The Museum of Modern Art’s Emergency Guidelines for Art Disasters (PDF download)
Do you know of other resources we should add to this list? Please let us know about them by posting a comment below.