Discover highlights of the incredible range of work by Creative Capital Awardees through their premieres, exhibitions, performances, screenings, new publications, and events.
- LaToya Ruby Frazier: The Last Cruze, California African American Museum, Los Angeles, CA. September 8, 2021 – March 20, 2022
- Laura Parnes: Tour Without End (Creative Capital film project), Pioneer Works, Brooklyn, NY. September 10, 2021 – November 28, 2021
- Jeffrey Gibson: To Feel Myself Beloved On the Earth, Art Omi, Ghent, New York. September 11, 2021 – January 2, 2022
- Dread Scott: We’re Going to End Slavery, Cristin Tierney Gallery, New York. September 17 – December 18, 2021
- Nick Cave: Mosaics at 42nd street subway station, New York, NY. Permanent installation.
- Stephanie Dinkins and Lauren McCarthy: Encoding Futures (group show), Oxy Arts, Los Angeles, CA. September 16, 2021 – Friday, November 19, 2021
- Adam Khalil and Bayley Sweitzer: Nosferasta (Creative Capital installation and film project), Gasworks, London, UK. October 6, 2021 – December 21, 2021.
- Alison O’Daniel: I Felt People Dancing. Kunshall Osnabrück, Germany. June 26, 2021 – February 27, 2022
- My Barbarian (Malik Gaines, Jade Gordon, and Alexandro Segade): My Barbarian, Whitney Museum, New York, NY. October 29, 2021 – February 27, 2022
- Martine Syms: “Loot Sweets.” Bridget Donahue Gallery, New York — closes September 25, 2021
- Carolina Caycedo, Juan William Chávez, Maria Gaspar, Sandy Rodriguez, and Amaryllis DeJesus Moleski: El Museo’s triennial — closes September 26, 2021
- Jillian Mayer: “Timeshare.” Secca Museum, Winston-Salem, NC — closes September 26, 2021
Performance & Screenings
- Erin Cosgrove: The Living Book (Creative Capital film project). Cartoon Crossroads Columbus, Columbus, OH. September 30, 2021- October 15, 2021
- Richard Move: Herstory of the Universe, Governor’s Island, New York, October 9-16, 2021
- Larissa FastHorse: The Thanksgiving Play. Pear Theatre, Mountainview, CA. November 19, 2021 – December 12, 2021.
- Ry Russo-Young: Nuclear Family (Creative Capital documentary project). Premieres on HBO Max September 26, 2021.
- Raja Feather Kelley & Rachel Chavkin: Performance at Met Gala, September 13, 2021
Publications & Artists In the News
- Jessica Vaughn: Depreciating Assets published by Printed Matter
- Lauren Lee McCarthy & Legacy Russell: “40 Under 40,” Apollo Magazine
- Percival Everett: “Percival Everett’s Deadly Serious Comedy,” New Yorker book review, and interviewed on NPR.
- CAConrad: AMANDA PARADISE: Resurrect Extinct Vibration (Creative Capital literature project) published by Wave Poetry.
- Maggie Nelson: On Freedom published by Graywolf Press.
- Dana Spiotta: Wayward published by Knopf
- Marc Anthony Richardson: Messiahs published by University of Alabama Press
- Wes Hurley: Potato Dreams of America (Creative Capital film project) picked up for distribution by Dark Star Pictures.
- Guadalupe Maravilla: Art21 premieres their short documentary film, “Guadalupe Maravilla & The Sound of Healing”
News About Creative Capital
- Creative Capital Exemplifies How to Best Serve Artists by Kat Herriman—Cultured Magazine, Aug 9, 2021
- Aliza Shvarts Hired as Director of Artist Initiatives at Creative Capital—Chronicle of Philanthropy, Jul 16, 2021