Welcome | Retreat Details | Travel & Transport | Housing & Safety | Campus Map | Contact
2020 Creative Capital Artist Retreat
- What to Bring
This information will help you prepare for the 2020 Creative Capital Artist Retreat at Bard College.
- On-campus housing will be in dorm-style accommodations and will be equipped with basic amenities including a pillow, linens, a blanket, sheets, towels, and a small toiletry kit. If you require any other items for your comfort, please feel free to bring them.
- Unless otherwise requested, accommodations are single occupancy.
- Dorm-style bathrooms are available on each floor of the dormitories. Please ensure to pack accordingly.
- There is a gym available for your use at the Stevenson Athletic Center.
- We recommend that you stay on campus to enjoy the full retreat experience. Should you choose to stay off campus, we have a limited number of hotel rooms available at the Courtyard Kingston for $129 a night. Please call (845) 382-2300 to book.
- You will be provided three meals (and plenty of snacks) for the course of the retreat.
- Each meal includes fresh, locally sourced ingredients and the menu will cater to a variety of dietary needs.
- Please be sure to indicate whether you have any dietary restrictions or serious food allergies when you register.
- Programming will take place morning to evening during the retreat. Breaks and meals are curated to optimize opportunities for connecting with other participants.
- Learning about each award winning project in order to connect with brilliant artists is most important aspect of the retreat. We ask that you be present and engaged during all of the artist presentations.
- In keeping with the spirit of the retreat as a unique opportunity for an immersive and focused time of connection, we ask that you do not schedule activities or meetings that are not related to the retreat during your time with us.
- If you have any questions about the retreat, please email us at [email protected].
In light of the important need for social distancing due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we have made the difficult decision to cancel the 2020 Creative Capital Artist Retreat.
We hope you are staying healthy and safe during this unprecedented crisis. This is a challenging moment for all of us, and we are so thankful for our arts community and mutual support in this time of great uncertainty.
To make your stay as comfortable as possible, please try to limit your luggage to one carry-on bag. No need to overpack.
- The dress code is casual—be comfortable! Please be sure to check the weather forecast and pack appropriately for the conditions.
- Sweater or other warm layer—for air conditioned spaces
- Rain jacket and/or umbrella
- Comfortable walking shoes
- A bathing suit and/or other activewear if you plan on using the gym
- Device with an alarm—all sessions will begin on time
- Insect repellant, sunscreen, and any medication you may need
- Travel coffee mug and/or reusable water bottle (bottled water will be limited as necessary)
- A notebook & pen
- Business cards
- Padlock for gym lockers
- 2020 Creative Capital Awardees: If possible, please bring the workbook you received at Orientation.
- Clothing hangers
- Bath robe and bath slippers